SECTION 8 & 811 CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION
As Contract Administrator, RIHousing:
- Processes monthly vouchers
- Processes rent and utility adjustments
- Processes contract renewals and
- Performs Management and Occupancy Reviews which includes physical inspections
Management and Occupancy Reviews
The interview worksheet used to complete the on-site interview the day of the MOR.
- File review worksheet
The worksheets used by your reviewer to audit your tenant files.
- Addendum C
- Addendum D
- EIV Checklist
- Tenant Selection Plan Checklist
- Guide to using Sharepoint
- Application Checklist
- Chart – Lead Documentation
Annual Rent Adjustments (OCAFs and RCSs)
RIHousing is requires all OCAFs to be completed through the Docusign process. Please Let your CA know if you have any trouble completing the letter.
- HUD 2022 OCAF Memo
- OCAF worksheet – HUD-9625
(not required but informative if you’d like to know how your increase factor is calculated)
- Rent Schedule Form – HUD-92458
Going forward any property with multiple contracts will need to combine all their contracts on one rent schedule. The second (and third if relevant) contracts can be listed under the bedroom types for the first contract with the effective date if it differs. The gross rent potential and annual gross rent potentials should be for all contracts in that development combined. Please consult your CA with any questions.
Sample rent schedule for multiple contracts
- Rent Comparability Study (RCS) – Sample owners cover letter and checklist
- Utility Allowance Memo / Instructions
- Preferred Utility allowance worksheet
- HUD Utility Allowance Factor
- Section 8 Renewal Guide
- HUD-9624 – submission for Contract renewal
- Rent Comp Study Cover letter and Checklist
- HUD 20 Year Flier
- Sample Request for Early Termination Letter
- Rent Adjustment Worksheet
- Rent Schedule
- Rent Worksheet
All contract renewals should be submitted to: Hope Lanphear, Assistant Director, Leased Housing & Rental Services, email@example.com
Vouchers and Special Claims
- CAs will remain available by phone and email throughout the month to help resolve discrepancies but all vouchers will be approved by the 22nd of each month.
- Vouchers should be in by the first of every month. Vouchers received past the 10th are overdue and will be noted on future MORs
- To change your deposit information please submit an 1199a to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All special claims going forward must be sent to the email: Specialclaims@rihousing.com.
- All special claims must be emailed to the address with the name of the property and the unit number in the subject. All submissions should be sent via email in one single PDF file. We can no longer accept special claims that are faxed or mailed.
- When sending in special claims, please include an explanation of how the security deposit interest amount was calculated
- HUD 52670-A: Special Claims Schedule
- HUD 52671-A: Special Claims for Unpaid Rent/Damages
- HUD 52671-C: Special Claims for Regular Vacancies
- HUD 52671-D: Special Claims for Debt Service
- Checklist Form – Special Claim for Regular Vacancies