for business partners
Builders and Developers
Rhode Island Housing is dedicated to ensuring that all people who live and work in Rhode Island can afford a safe, healthy home, and afford to keep it. In partnering with developers throughout the state’s urban, suburban and rural areas, we are working together to help build a better Rhode Island.
|Click here for a list of current Requests for Proposals (RFPs)|
Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities
Click here for more details.
Statement of Fair Housing Policy
To assure consistency across all programs and initiatives, the Office of Housing and Community Development and Rhode Island Housing developed the attached Statement of Fair Housing Policy. This policy must be followed when financial assistance is provided by the State of Rhode Island or Rhode Island Housing, as well as for homes to be considered affordable under the terms of the Rhode Island Low and Moderate Income Housing Act RIGL 45-53.
You can find a comprehensive tool kit that explains fair housing laws and provides guidance on how to affirmatively market affordable homes at www.FairHousingRI.org.
Letters of Eligibility for Comprehensive Permits
Rhode Island General Law 42-55-5.3 requires applicants for a Comprehensive Permit in a Rhode Island municipality first obtain a Letter of Eligibility from Rhode Island Housing stating their eligibility to apply. Applications should be submitted to Stacy Wasserman at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to 44 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903. If you have any questions, please contact Stacy via email or 401-457-1242.
Letter of Eligibility Application
As you pursue opportunities to develop homes in Rhode Island, Rhode Island Housing can help. We not only have the knowledge and resources needed to support your development plans but we are also committed to forming creative strategies and facilitating relationships to meet your specific needs.
Building a Better Rhode Island
Rhode Island Housing provides:
• Unique opportunities for developers to work with us on a wide range of projects throughout the state
• Productive business opportunities through our relationships with other agencies and our ability to provide flexible financing and technical support
Facilitating the production of more homes
At Rhode Island Housing, we understand the complexities involved in the production of homes. We also understand how market conditions, including holding costs during the permitting process, create considerable risk. We can help by mitigating your risks with customized financing options and by using our technical and financial resources to build collaborative relationships that help minimize the time spent during the approval process.
Your community financing partner
A sound business decision begins with sound financing. Rhode Island Housing offers a wide array of safe, affordable funding options and flexible financing services that are available to you directly through us, or through the lender of your choice.
• Construction financing
• Long-term, fixed-rate, permanent financing
• Interim financing with fixed or floating rates
• Land-bank loans for municipalities and eligible developers
Your partner for technical support
Our support for your development continues from the onset of your project to its completion. Throughout the process, Rhode Island Housing provides a wide range of services that work to inform and support you. We apply our expertise in ways that are most beneficial to you.
• Plan implementation reviews
• Technical and financial evaluations for comprehensive permit eligibility
• Design review and construction management
• Guidance on compliance with Fair Housing laws and Rhode Island’s Low and Moderate Income Housing Act
To learn more about how Rhode Island Housing can provide financing or technical support for your development, call 457-1234 or contact us at email@example.com.
Grants, Loans and Funding Options
• Acquisition and Revitalization Program
• HOME Program & HOME Awards
• Lead Hazard Reduction Program
• Low-Income Housing Tax Credits
• Providence Receivership Loan Program
• Pre-development Loan
• Preservation loans
• Rental Housing Production Program
• Gap Financing
• Neighborhood Opportunities Program
• Building Homes Rhode Island