PROPERTY MANAGERS / AGENTS
Please see the following page for the most recent COVID-19 guidance for multi-family properties. We understand that the situation, and guidance, is changing frequently. We ask that you check this webpage regularly for up to date information. Visit our general COVID-19 information here.
- HUD Multifamily FAQ
- Quarantine Advisory
- Quarantine Addendum for Lease or Rental Agreement
- IRS Guidance regarding LIHTC Program
- HOME – Self-Certification of Annual Household Income – for tenants
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Director Dev/Asset Mgmt & Compliance
RiskShare/Tax Credit/HOME/Mortgagee/UPCS Inspections and/or Monitoring
To the extent possible, staff will conduct all monitoring activities remotely. Physical inspections of the property have been deferred effective 3/19/20 through 9/30/20.
Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) Inspections
REAC inspections have resumed based on HUD heat map; RIHousing has not been notified of any upcoming inspections.
Replacement Reserve Inspections
Starting March 19, 2020, and currently as of April 6, 2021, RIHousing has temporarily suspended all replacement reserve inspections for interior repairs that have been completed. In lieu of a physical inspection, we will request that owners /managers submit photographs of improvements to the property along with copies of paid invoices when necessary.
Financial Support for Multi-Family Owners and Renters
RIHousing has established interim policy to provide financial support to RIHousing financed developments. These include relaxing replacement reserves minimum requirements, waiving distribution of surplus cash and/or executing forbearance agreements.
Emergency Broadband Benefit
The FCC posted a new consumer FAQ on the Emergency Broadband Benefit. The FAQ provides answers to common questions on benefit eligibility, how the discount will be applied to broadband service costs, and program length. It also includes information on the enhanced Tribal benefit and the connected device benefit.
- NIMC – Helping Residents of Affordable Housing Cope with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- New England Affordable Housing Management Association
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfecting Recommendations
- Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in Retirement Communities and Independent Living Facilities (Interim Guidance)
- HUD – Addressing Tenant Concerns during the COVID-19 National Emergency